A video-sharing app that was founded in 2005 and has fast grown to be one of the most visited websites, second only to Google, yes, we are referring to YouTube! The site has viewers of all age groups. And it’s not only vlogs or entertainment that they choose to watch, rather most of them watch things like DIYs, try to learn a new skill, or simply keep up with trends, and news. And the extensive reach of it sure might have at least once in life made you think that you should create your YouTube channel too.
Surely, many YouTubers have been benefited by the channel for varied reasons. And it’s fair to say that educators too have extensively benefited by the use of YouTube. As the medium presents fabulous opportunities for instructors to build their brand. And with the pandemic resulting in the growth of online learning, we strongly recommend creating your own YouTube channel ASAP.
To create a channel for your brand, follow these steps:
(If you wish to use a different name for your Brand Account than your Google Account name, you could do so)
4. Fill out the details to name your new channel. Then, click ‘Create’. This will create a new Brand Account.
You could also change channel manager, and follow the instructions to change channel owners and managers.
Now that you know how to create your YouTube channel the next and more important step that follows is how you could make it more attractive and engaging while keeping it informative.
This channel is your brand, that is, it helps your target audience know you and further aid you to market yourself. Hence, it is important to know what and what not to do, and how to do things right to actually make it a great marketing tool.
Once you have created your YouTube channel the next step is to build it to be a more attractive one. Here are a few steps you can follow:
1. Branding – Impressions go a long way, and it infact is all in the name! In short, branding is important. A catchy name, a good profile picture, and an explanatory background picture helps people not only remember you but also encourage them to check your page out. Hence, making them all good ideas.
2. About you – A lot of people actually go through this section on your channel, so do write a little (not too long and elaborated) description, letting your viewers know who you are and what your channel is all about.
3. Attractive Title and Description – This is what gets them to click so there is no way you can’t make this explanatory, and catchy. See what works with your target viewers and make it accordingly. For example- one would rather click on a video titled “what caused titanic to sink” than “History of titanic” right?
Every video allows you to add a description as well. Here you can explain what the video is all about, add links to other videos that you mention or/ and link to other YouTubers too.
4. Encourage Likes, Comments and Subscription – This is what YT is all about, as the number of likes and subscribers also helps you top the search engines and further be suggested in similar suggestions. And the comments are an amazing section to clear doubts or simply interact and build connections. It results in leaving behind a good impression which would encourage them to subscribe if they haven’t already.
5. Use Keywords – These are game-changers, so do use an appropriate number of keywords in order to top the SERPs. Both YouTube and Google show the videos with the most keywords on top so make sure to use these (but don’t overstuff them) in your title and description.
Another lesser-known fact is that you can have multiple people manage your channel without giving them access to your Google Account.
Other than the creation of a channel one must also make sure to follow the community guidelines, which are rules that help follow conduct. If you or your videos violate these your channel can and will be terminated. An inappropriate video is taken down while inappropriate conduct and behavior will cost you your channel.
Hate speech, predatory behavior, graphic violence, malicious attacks, and content that promotes harmful or dangerous behavior towards oneself or others, aren’t allowed on YouTube. And actions are taken if there are complaints registered against your video/ channel and also via machine learning and experts looking over.
Lastly, remember that whatever your niche, commit to it and keep posting frequently. Don’t allow your audience to forget you, while also making sure that the content is engaging enough to keep attracting them back to you. For this, commitment towards your task is what will help you grow your audience and thereby gain monetary benefits too.
And for all the coaches, another added benefit could be that sites like Winuall which are a haven for tutors as they make interaction, fee collection, assessments, and other activities easier, also allow them to post their YT videos on their respective personalized apps (that Winuall does make for you). This would surely make things a lot more interactive and easy for your students.
Interested in getting Digital Marketing services?
Please fill out the form below, we will get in touch with you shortly.
Join over 50,000+ brands already growing with Winuall.